Business and Management and MBA Admission Requirements
At UMUC, we value your professional experience and don't require standardized tests for admission to most programs. Review these requirements, then get started with your application right away!
Undergraduate Admission Criteria
For bachelor's degrees or certificates 1
- Official documents indicating graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school or successful completion of the GED examination with a total score of 225 and no score below 40 on any of the five tests (if taken prior to January 2002) or a total score of 2250 and no score below 410 (if taken January 2002 or later).
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on all college-level work taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities, including University System of Maryland institutions.
- Note: You are not required to submit official transcripts for admission. However, you must have all official documents on file with UMUC at the time of your request for an official evaluation (recommended within your first semester).
- See full undergraduate admission requirements.
Graduate Admission Criteria
For master's degrees or certificates 1
- Official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Graduate admission criteria may vary by program. See individual program descriptions for more details.
- Note: UMUC recognizes the value of past education and workplace experiences and does not require standardized tests like the GMAT or GRE for standard graduate admission. See the MBA program for information about optional submission of GMAT scores.
- See full graduate admission requirements.
Doctoral Admission Criteria
- Review the Doctor of Management or Doctor of Management in Community College Policy and Administration requirements.
Note: The two-year MBA admission process does not require standardized tests like the GMAT or GRE, however, for students with a score at or above 70th percentile on the GMAT, a 3-credit prerequisite course may be waived. The one-year MBA admission requirements include additional criteria.
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates