Advising—Our Role in Your Journey
From the time you enroll until graduation, UMUC academic advisors are available to assist with selecting and scheduling classes, as well as ensuring review of your previous academic transcripts.
Our advisors are committed to student success. They will
- Assist with course selection via e-mail, phone, and on-site meetings
- Assist with course registration and withdrawals
- Disseminate information to maximize access to the university's resources
- Provide necessary forms, information on policies, and courses of action
- Help interpret degree requirements, policies, and Degree Progress Reports
- Maintain communication to help ensure successful completion of degree plan
- Serve as liaisons between students and various internal departments
- Support your academic development
"In addition to Advising, rely on your professors and classmates for advice about classes."
Class of 2010
Working with Advising
UMUC embraces a team-based advising model to ensure accurate and timely information sharing between advisors and students. To make every interaction with advising a seamless one, you can call, e-mail or visit our office at the Academic Center at Largo, and any of our academic advisors can assist you.
Students enrolled in UMUC Asia or UMUC Europe, please visit: