Managing Life at UMUC—Current Students
- Check your e-mail address for updates from UMUC.
- Check your UMUC folder to complete any follow-up items from academic
advising or other university services.
- Contact Academic Advising
prior to the beginning of each semester to discuss upcoming classes and your
Degree Progress Report (DPR).
- Schedule a consultation with Career Services to ensure your
career strategy includes the latest tactics for successful planning.
- Check your contact information in MyUMUC, WebTycho and MyAlerts to
ensure it is accurate.
- Log into MyUMUC to ensure all
official transcripts are on file.
- Military and veteran students who have updated ACE or military credit, send
copies of your official transcripts.
- Active-duty military personnel, submit your military identification card or
other documentation to be granted military tuition rates.
- Check UMUC's Veterans Benefits Web
site for instructions on applying and or certification.
- For those students using financial aid, military tuition assistance, or
employer tuition assistance, visit the Student
Accounts Web site to learn how to submit your payment information.
- See Academic Calendar for
registration, drop and withdrawal deadlines. See calendars for Asia and Europe.
- Priority deadlines for financial aid: June 1 (fall), November 1 (spring),
and April 1 (summer). Visit UMUC's Financial Aid Web site for more
- Apply for graduation before the appropriate deadline:
- December Graduation: October 10 (Deadline has been extended to
- August Graduation: June 15
- May Graduation: February 15