Managing Life at UMUC—New Students
- Designate a primary e-mail address to communicate with UMUC, and check often for updates.
- Create a folder in your e-mail account in which to place copies of UMUC communications.
- Check your e-mail address for access information to the MyUMUC student portal.
- Once you register for courses, check your e-mail address for access information to WebTycho.
- Contact Academic Advising to plan your first semester:
- Sign up for MyAlerts, UMUC's emergency communication system for stateside students, faculty and staff.
- Log into MyUMUC to view any outstanding documentation.
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions (Military and veteran students, send copies of ACE and other military credit transcripts for evaluation.)
- Active-duty military personnel, submit your military identification card or orders to be granted military tuition rates.
- Check UMUC's Veterans Benefits Web site for instructions on applying and or certification.
- For those students using financial aid, military tuition assistance, or employer tuition assistance, visit the Student Accounts Web site to learn how to submit your payment information.
- For registration, drop, and withdrawal deadlines, see the Academic Calendar for your division:
- Priority deadlines for financial aid: June 1 (fall), November 1 (spring), and April 1 (summer). Visit UMUC's Financial Aid Web site for more information.