Peer networks are essential to your success as a student and should be part of your strategy to maximize your UMUC experience. Your peers can be one of the most overlooked pieces of professional and academic advice. But who better to encourage you and help you shine than the people you share your learning experiences with?
Tips for Joining Peer Networks
- Exchange contact information with your classmates and peers.
- Maintain contact with peers through UMUC clubs and organizations.
- Initiate communication to create peer network opportunities.
- Use your in-class team experiences to establish networks.
- Invite peers to join your peer network.
- Learn as much as possible about new members.
- Tell your peers about your professional organization memberships and lessons learned from your experiences.
- Commit to regular conferences or meetings for peer networks (monthly, quarterly or annually).
- Be a good reference.
- Be a productive peer network member.
"My favorite memory is working well with other students on my team in class and making new friends with similar interests."
Class of 2010
The opportunities that arise from peer networks are endless, and it's not too late to start your network today! Use some of the tips above and get involved in ExperienceUMUC.