University of Maryland University College offers you the best of both worlds: the reputation and affordable tuition of a state university paired with the convenience of online study.
We know finances are a big factor in our students' lives, which is why we offer so many ways to save and affordable tuition rates. Let us help you put together a plan to invest in your education and career.
Ways to Save on Your Education
- Major savings on textbooks: At UMUC, we've replaced nearly every textbook with no-cost electronic course materials that are tailored to each course.
- Reduced tuition for Maryland residents: Maryland residents receive low in-state tuition rates at UMUC. Find out if you could qualify as a Maryland resident.
- Reduced tuition for military servicemembers and families: Military servicemembers and their spouses and dependents may be eligible for reduced military rates for most UMUC programs and can use Tuition Assistance toward a degree.
- Scholarships: UMUC offers more than 100 scholarships, including need-based and merit-based awards. Plus, with the Completion Scholarship for Maryland community college graduates, you can turn an associate's into a bachelor's for $12,000 or less.
- Discounts for federal employees: Federal employees can qualify for a 25 percent discount on out-of-state tuition rates for most UMUC programs. Find out more about the discount for federal employees.