Applying for financial aid doesn't have to be stressful. Anyone can apply for aid, regardless of income, and most of the forms you'll need are available online. Here’s how to navigate the process.
- Apply for admission to UMUC. If you haven’t already been admitted as a student, start your application today.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, known as the FAFSA. The school code for UMUC is 011644. You’ll also need to provide information about your income and assets. Apply early! For priority consideration, your FAFSA must be received by the established priority deadlines:
- If you plan to enroll for the fall term, apply by June 1.
- If you plan to enroll for the spring term, apply by November 1.
- If you plan to enroll for the summer term, apply by April 1.
- Maryland residents should apply by March 1 to be considered for student financial aid from the state of Maryland for the academic year starting that fall.
- After the initial review, UMUC will contact you if you are required to do anything else. UMUC will use guidance from the Department of Education to determine whether you need to submit additional information in order for us to assess your application further. UMUC will contact you directly through email to notify you if additional information is needed.
UMUC will also update your "To Do" list on your MyUMUC account with detailed descriptions of the additional requirements. Make sure you check MyUMUC frequently to stay on top of your requirements and submit any requested information to UMUC promptly. To learn more about the Title IV verification policy, you can visit our Policies and Information page.