Center for Teaching and Learning
The mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is to support UMUC's worldwide faculty by providing quality professional development programs, support and services that are accessible, responsive, comprehensive and innovative. Our programs are research based and utilize best practices to promote teaching excellence and student success.
New Faculty Training and Certification Program Available
- Create a positive environment for collegial and collaborative interaction on teaching-related issues for all UMUC faculty and administrators
- Provide opportunities for faculty recognition and rewards
- Promote student-centered pedagogy that results in consistently positive student learning outcomes
- Foster the development of a multiskilled group of faculty members capable of teaching effectively in both real and virtual learning environments
- Offering a wide variety of professional development programs and training for UMUC faculty and academic administrators worldwide
- Providing structured programs and individual mentoring to provide guidance on basic teaching techniques, specific strategies for enhancing both classroom and distance-delivered courses, and appropriate tools for assessing student learning
- Fostering collegial discussion and idea sharing through its peer mentoring program, online symposia and discussion groups, and publications
- Supporting and recognizing teaching innovation and teaching excellence through its faculty grant and recognition and award programs.