The Virtual Global Faculty Institute, held July 30–August 1, 2012, was a first-of-its-kind event at UMUC. The institute was sponsored by the Center for Teaching and Learning with support from The Undergraduate School, The Graduate School, the Office of Information Technology and the Office of Instructional Services and Support.
Open to all UMUC full- and part-time faculty and academic administrators around the world, the presentations focused on the theme "Effective Faculty, Successful Students." Recordings from the institute are now available online to view at your convenience.
View Recordings of the Presentations
- The Importance of Faculty in the Learning Equation | Marie Cini
- The Theory and Practice of Student Success: Practical Tips for Faculty | Dan McCollum
- Update and Goals for the Coming Year: Aligning Faculty Effectiveness and Student Success | Cynthia Davis
- Policies and Practices to Promote Student Success in The Graduate School | Robert Goodwin
- Giving Useful Feedback | Susan Blankenship
- Designing Effective Online Discussion | Betty Ring
- Technology Showcase | Liliana Meneses, Floyd Csir, Laddie Odom and Christina Shinn
- Building Social and Teaching Presence with Instructor-Created Videos | Datta Kaur Khalsa and Stella Porto
- Insights on Teaching Hybrid Courses | Kathryn Klose, Diane Bartoo and Maggie Elgin
- Assessing Graduate Student Learning | Mike Evanchik
- WebTycho Transition to the UMUC Learning Ecosystem | Beverly Slavin and Niki Grimanis