The Experience / Professional Experience Section
This is the most important part of the functional resume. This section gives you the opportunity to share the information, experiences and skills that you want the employer to know.
Here are some tips on developing this section.
- Name 2-4 skill areas which you possess that are directly support your employment objective. These are your subheading or functional skill areas. (If you are not sure what skill areas to use, they can usually be found by examining the job description)
- Provide 3-6 bullets under each heading demonstrating your skills and experience in that area.
- Remember to begin each phrase with a strong action verb, and provide quantifiable information when appropriate.
- Developed $1 million budget covering unit's personnel, supplies and equipment
- Audited and analyzed unit-level needs for supplies and equipment, resulting in a 4% savings
- Interviewed and hired personnel, both clinical and support staff
- Facilitated staff planning meetings attended by over 50 individuals to strategize monthly sales goals
- Developed the employee newsletter and distributed on a monthly basis
- Created the "Employee News Now" blog with bi-weekly news updates
- Edited department’s intranet site on a daily basis
- Oversaw Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts with an average of 10,000 followers