There are a number of situations where you may need a transcript or an enrollment verification from University of Maryland University College. Instructions for requesting these documents are detailed below.

Transcript Requests

An academic transcript is an official record of a student's work. All academic records are confidential. If you have a hold on your account preventing the release of your records, you will not have access to order your transcript.

There is no charge for transcript requests sent to a University System of Maryland institution or Alliance Partner School.

A list of Alliance Partner Schools are available at the following links:

UMUC Transcript Request via MyUMUC

  1. Log in to MyUMUC using your user ID and password
  2. Select "Student Center"
  3. Select "MyAcademics" under the first "Academics" tab
  4. Select "Request Official Transcript"
  5. You will be redirected to the Parchment transcript request site to obtain an official UMUC transcript

Alternate Transcript Request Method

If you do not have access to MyUMUC, you can request your official UMUC transcript from Parchment.

UMUC Unofficial Transcript

If you are a student with access to MyUMUC, you may view or print your unofficial transcript. To do so, please follow the instructions below. Any request for an unofficial transcript should be printed through MyUMUC. If there is a hold on your account, you will not be able to print your unofficial transcript.

  1. Log in to MyUMUC using your user ID and password
  2. Select "Student Center"
  3. Select "MyAcademics" under the first "Academics" tab
  4. Select "View My Unofficial Transcript"

For assistance with questions regarding your user ID or password, please contact technical support at 888-360-UMUC.

UMUC Transcript History

In addition to the numbering and grading system described on the current transcript, UMUC has used different categorizing systems for official transcripts and grades in the past. These systems are no longer used.

Course Numbering

Before September 1, 1971, UMUC used the following numbering system for courses:

  • 001–010: Freshman-level courses
  • 011–099: Sophomore-level courses
  • 100–199: Courses for advanced undergraduate students (juniors and seniors) and graduate students (if previously admitted to graduate school)
  • 200–499: Courses for graduate students
  • 399: Master's thesis credit
  • 499: Doctoral thesis credit

From September 1, 1971, to the fall 2001 term (undergraduate) and from January 1, 1973 to fall 2001 (graduate), courses numbered 001–099 did not count toward GPA calculations. These courses have been included in GPA calculations ever since the first term following fall 2001.

Prior to 1973, the master's thesis credit may be numbered 799.

Grading System

All of the following grades received zero quality points:

  • AUD: Audit
  • F(a): Failure, academic
  • F(s): Failure, scholastic
  • H: No credit; course taken but out of sequence
  • N: Non-completion of an institutional education requirement
  • NG: No grade recorded
  • Outreach: Course completed for nonresident credit
  • T: Audit
  • WX: Withdrawal during first half of term
  • WP: Withdrawal during second half of term
  • WF: Withdrawal during second half of term while failing the course
  • X: Ceased to attend classes under emergency circumstances preventing withdrawal
  • Z: Canceled

Other Notes Previously Used

Graduate-level "in-service" courses or staff development courses could count toward some graduate degrees.

At student's request, MGA (Master of General Administration) degrees conferred between 1991 and 1998 were converted to Master of Science degrees.

Enrollment Verification

Current students can request an enrollment verification certificate as proof to verify enrollment. If you are not a current student, please follow the directions below to request your official transcript.

  1. Log in to MyUMUC using your user ID and password
  2. Select "Student Center"
  3. Select "MyAcademics" under the first "Academics" tab
  4. Select "Request Enrollment Verification"
  5. You will be redirected to student self service to finalize your request and review your enrollment information on file

If specific information is needed for the verification (e.g. GPA, expected graduation term, in good standing, etc.), please send an e-mail containing the information for your request to Students with an account hold preventing the release of records cannot receive an enrollment verification.

Investigator Requests (For Investigator Use Only)

The investigator request form is needed to request student records and must be submitted by the investigator conducting the background investigation. All forms must be accompanied by a signed release from the student. Forms can be dropped off at the UMUC Academic Center at Largo or faxed to the number provided on the form. To receive a confirmation e-mail once the request has been completed, an e-mail address must be included on the request form.

Are You a Prospective or New Student?

If you are looking to submit your transcripts to UMUC, learn how to submit your transcripts from other schools to UMUC by visiting the Prospective Students section.