This scholarship is no longer being awarded to new students.
University of Maryland University College is offering the Dr. Milton Grodsky Memorial MS in Management Scholarship, providing financial support to one outstanding Graduate School student who is working to earn a Master of Science in management.
The scholarship amount is $2,000 and will be awarded once annually on a non-renewing basis.
How to Earn This Scholarship
Apply to UMUC in Three Easy Steps
- If you are not already a student at UMUC, complete the UMUC application for admission.
- Send UMUC official transcripts for college coursework completed outside of UMUC.
- Talk to an admissions advisor if you have questions about the application process.
To be eligible for the Dr. Milton Grodsky Memorial MS in Management Scholarship, you must
- Meet the admissions requirements of the university
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking stateside graduate student
- Be pursuing a Master of Science in management as a first degree
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Have completed at least 18 credits, but no more than 30 credits
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credits toward the Master of Science in management for the upcoming fall term
Await Application Instructions
The Graduate School will contact students who meet the eligibility requirements and send them further application instructions via e-mail. If you are selected to apply, you will need to submit an application and write an essay demonstrating your perseverance and excellence while working to complete your degree.
Deadline and Submission Information
If you receive further application instructions, please note that the application period for this scholarship opens June 15 and closes July 15 at 11:59 p.m. Applications are not accepted outside of this period.
Appointed by the Graduate School's Office of the Dean, a selection committee will review all applications and award one scholarship per year on the basis of having met the criteria and the strength of the essay. The decision of the committee is final and not subject to review. The recipient will be notified of the decision prior to the start of the fall term.
If you were selected to apply for this scholarship and submitted an application, you will receive an auto-reply indicating your application was received. Only the scholarship recipient will be notified further if he or she receives the award.
About the Scholarship
Dr. Milton "Milt" Grodsky was the founding dean of the Graduate School at University of Maryland University College and served in this position from 1978 to 1991. The Graduate School established the Dr. Milton Grodsky Memorial MS in Management Scholarship in 2018.
Continuing Eligibility Requirements
Please note the following:
- This is a one-time scholarship and is non-renewable.
- If you withdraw from or fail to complete the required courses for the term (as stated in the scholarship eligibility criteria), the award will be nullified.
- If you are receiving other scholarships or financial aid, you should contact the organizations issuing these awards to find out about any of their award restrictions.