Cyber Security at UMUC
With innovative online educational programs, an award-winning competition team and industry connections, UMUC is changing the landscape of cyber security.
Educating the Next Generation of Cyber Security Leaders
- Cyber security education pioneer: Building on its established reputation as a leader in information assurance education, UMUC launched the first stand-alone bachelor's and master’s degree programs in cyber security in 2010 and added certificates1 soon after.
- Cutting-edge curriculum: UMUC Cybersecurity programs are continually reviewed by a team of some of the nation's top cyber security experts to ensure the curriculum keeps pace with the rapidly-changing field.
- Established reputation: UMUC has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance and Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. Learn about more great reasons to study cyber security at UMUC.
- Globally-ranked cyber security team: The UMUC Cybersecurity team has earned global recognition, winning prestigious titles at national and international cyber security competitions.
- Community leader in cyber security: UMUC has been chosen by the Maryland General Assembly to staff the Commission on Cyber Security Innovation and Excellence, is charged with conducting an overview of federal and state cyber security laws and policies.
Center for Security Studies
The Center for Security Studies at UMUC provides educational resources, networking, and career training opportunities for working professionals pursuing cyber security education.
1 View gainful employment disclosures for certificates
"Education, in my view, is the most critical way that anyone today can have all the information that they need to make logical and reasonable decisions around cyber security."