Great Reasons to Study Cyber Security at UMUC
Earn credentials at an online university at the forefront of cyber security education.
Unlock Your Career Potential with a Cyber Security Degree
- At the epicenter of cyber security: UMUC is headquartered between the DoD's Cyber Command in Maryland and the Cyber Corridor in Virginia.
- Cutting-edge curriculum: The UMUC Cybersecurity curriculum is continually updated and designed with input from leading employers and cyber security experts.
- Taught by faculty-practitioners: Many UMUC Cybersecurity faculty members work in the field, providing you access to industry leaders.
- Competitive edge: The UMUC Cyber Padawans competition team provides students real-world experience and networking opportunities.
- Where the jobs are: Maryland's cyber security network includes 12 major military installations; 400 federal, academic and private research centers; and 50 federal agencies. The state has more than 19,000 cyber security job openings.
Fast Facts About UMUC
- Rich history: Since 1947, UMUC has specialized in providing high-quality academic programs to busy professionals like you.
- Online state university: UMUC stands out by offering the credibility of a state university with the convenience and flexibility of online, on-site and hybrid classes.
- Student support services: Our online support services include advising, tutoring, mentoring and a full-service Career Center.
- Regional accreditation: In addition to being the largest public university in the U.S., UMUC is regionally accredited, providing your cyber security degree with credibility and recognition.
- Accelerated degree paths: You can earn your UMUC Cybersecurity degree faster and accelerate your bachelor's degree by transferring credits, demonstrating experience and taking exams.
- Affordability: Our tuition is affordable, and we offer ways to help you meet, manage or lower your education costs.
5,000 Students Strong
More than 5,000 students have chosen UMUC to provide their cyber security education. Many of our students are busy professionals balancing families, personal lives and careers with their education.
A Non-Traditional University
We’re not a traditional university—and we celebrate that. As The Washington Post Magazine notes, we don’t have a football team or a campus bookstore, but we proudly offer innovative, real-world cyber security programs to help busy professionals like you propel your career forward.