Cyber Security Teaching Positions at UMUC
Join our team of highly acclaimed faculty, and help educate tomorrow’s cyber leaders.
For more than 65 years, UMUC has offered career-relevant education programs to busy professionals around the world. We're seeking cyber security educators from professional, military and academic backgrounds to join our faculty.
Benefits of Teaching at UMUC
- Flexible teaching schedules: You can teach online or on-site. Some classes are offered in a hybrid format, incorporating online and on-site instruction for the best of both worlds.
- A rewarding experience: UMUC students are highly motivated working professionals and military servicemembers who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom. Collaboration and networking are an integral part of the UMUC learning experience.
- Diverse students and faculty: UMUC boasts a diverse student body of more than 95,000 students spanning the globe. We recruit faculty-practitioners—from corporate executives to academics to military officers—to bring real-world experience to our curriculum.
- Superior training, technology, and support: If you're new to online learning, UMUC will teach you how to teach online. You'll have access to comprehensive faculty training and support through Faculty Development.
- Competitive pay and benefits: We offer medical, dental, and prescription drug plans, as well as retirement plans.1
1 Note: Adjunct faculty have access to some state of Maryland benefits, but UMUC does not provide subsidies for them.
Explore Teaching Opportunities
Study Cyber Security and Teach at UMUC
The Cybersecurity Postdoctoral Fellowship provides a monetary award to qualified candidates who are interested in research or teaching in the cyber security, digital forensics or information assurance fields. Fellows will be considered for adjunct/part-time faculty positions in UMUC’s graduate cyber security programs.