Events for Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Address: 8452 Zimborski Avenue, Fort Meade, MD 20755
Attend this informal—and informative—event to learn more about the skills employers are looking for directly from national hiring managers representing government agencies and federal contractors. Find out everything you need to know about UMUC's programs, offered online and on-site.
- Meet with UMUC Cybersecurity program director.
- Meet with VetSuccess counsellor from Department of VA, Military Education Coordinators and Career services representatives to learn how to maximize your educational benefits.
- Sign up for UMUC 411 Military, our no-obligation weeklong course that allows you to test-drive online learning.
- Explore military scholarships and other payment options.
Register for the event.
Prospective students who attend the May 21,2013 event will be eligible to have the $50 application fee waived. The $100 application fee for the Doctor of Management program cannot be waived.
Address: 1616 McCormick Drive, Largo, Maryland 20774
Join the Office of Career Services for FREE seminar about the federal job application process. Corliss Jackson, former GS-15 HR manager from the Office of Personnel Management, is returning to the Academic Center at Largo to show you how to create application materials that set you apart. Topics covered during this informative workshop include:
- Understanding the federal job road map and qualifying for federal jobs
- Reviewing federal vacancy announcements
- Understanding how your application is scored by federal HR staff
- Writing a resume for federal jobs
This event is open to all UMUC students and alumni.