Events for Thursday, May 26, 2016
Get started at University of Maryland University College by attending this event!
UMUC is a regionally accredited state university that specializes in providing career-relevant academic programs designed for busy professionals.
We hope you'll join us for this informative and informal event to learn more about how we can help you achieve your education and career goals.
At this event, you can
- Explore career-relevant degrees and certificates
- Find out about UMUC's online, hybrid, and on-site learning options
- Learn how you can fast-track your degree with transfer credits for your prior college coursework and professional, military, and volunteer experience
- Explore military and veterans education benefits, financial aid, scholarships, payment plans, and other options to make your education more affordable
- Get started on your application for admission
Sign up today!
Creating a resume is challenging enough, but it can be especially difficult for transitioning military personnel, no matter how long you've served. There are so many changes that await you as you face your transition out of the military, and writing your resume can seem like a daunting challenge on an already lengthy to-do list. UMUC Career Services is here to help!
During this webinar, you will learn from a career professional who has helped hundreds of service members transition successfully out of the military. In this webinar, we will discuss:
- How to describe your military job and job duties in a way that will be understood to a civilian
- Various tools to help you translate your military experience into civilian terminology
- What sections to include on your resume and where they should go
- Where to go to get one-on-one assistance with resume writing And more.
Know what you're getting into before your first day on the job. Few things are more difficult than starting out in a new position only to discover that the job - or the company - is not all that you expected.
In this exclusive session, provided by Vault, you'll discover how to enhance your job search to include research on a company's financial stability, growth strategies, business philosophy, work environment, and reputation before accepting the position.
Are you in the process of switching careers or starting out in a new field? Learn valuable tips and insight on getting experience in your new career field. This will be a live stream of a previously recorded UMUC Career Services webinar. A career services moderator will be available to answer questions throughout the presentation.