Richard Owen - 2013 FAC Nominee
Division: Graduate Adelphi
Over thirty years of excellence in ethical decision making critical to long-term leadership success.
A unique combination of tactical implementation, teaching, coaching and research has produced a rare opportunity to quickly add value to the senior leadership team of organizations.
This knowledge, combined with project and program management, compliance expertise, and cross-cultural communication capabilities, has created a professional poised to accomplish specific assignments and produce sustainable improvement through a hands-on approach.
Education & Professional Affiliations:
- Ph.D., Leadership Studies in Business Ethics, Our Lady of the Lake University, 2008
- MBA, Business Strategy, Texas A & M University, 2003
- BA, Political Science, Texas A & M University, 1978
- Three Years - Mathematics and Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy
- PMP, Project Management Professional, 1999 - Present
- Advanced Project Management, Rice University, 1998
- Society for Business Ethics, Practitioner / Member / Conference Presenter , 2005 – Present
I am nominating myself. I feel that my recent two semesters as an Adjunct, combined with the PhD earned in 2008, plus almost 50 years of private sector work experience allows me to bring unique perspective to the ongoing improvement of UMUC offerings and delivery of services.