Services for Adjunct Faculty
UMUC urges its adjunct faculty members to take advantage of the services and opportunities UMUC provides. The information below is provided to remind you of what is available.
Did you know? UMUC’s shared governance structure includes adjunct faculty member representation on the Faculty Advisory Council and UMUC invites adjunct faculty participation in service opportunities and faculty meetings.
These services and opportunities are also available:
- As an active faculty member, you will have access to the UMUC Library and those of the institutions of the University System of Maryland and affiliated institutions. Learn more about the UMUC Library.
- You are entitled to Health Club Discounts from “Club Maryland.” State of MD employees and their families may be eligible for membership discounts at identified health clubs throughout the State of Maryland (refer to the Employee & Organizational Web site—Employee “One Stop” at the Office of Human Resources)
- You are eligible for membership to the University of Maryland, College Park’s Campus Recreation Facilities. UMUC employees may purchase membership passes by the day, semester, or annually to use UMCP recreation facilities (refer to the Employee & Organizational Web site—Employee “One Stop” at the Office of Human Resources)
- You are eligible to join the State Employees' Credit Union (SECU). Visit SECU's Web site to learn more.
- You may be eligible to receive a scholarship toward the cost of tuition for courses taken at UMUC. For more information view the Adjunct Scholarship Statement.
Health Insurance Vendors and Other Resources
At the request of several individuals, UMUC has identified vendors of health insurance and other resources that may be of particular interest to our adjunct faculty members. UMUC has identified these from readily available sources. UMUC has no relationship with any of these organizations and does not endorse them. Please use your own discretion and judgment when determining if any of these vendors may meet your needs.