Posting Final Grades
You may wish to print these directions for later use. For best results, please print through Internet Explorer.
- Login MyUMUC at https://my.umuc.edu.
- Enter your User ID and Password. (If you do not know your login information, please contact Faculty Services at email@example.com.)
- Click To Faculty Portal.
- Click Self Service.
- Click Classes under the Faculty Center menu
- Click My Schedule under the Classes menu.
- Select Change Term if you need to enter grades for a term other than the one listed.
- Once you have accessed the correct term, the below highlighted grade roster icon will appear next to the class when it is available. Select the grade roster icon to the left of your desired class to post your grades.
- Select the grade for each student from the drop-down list.
- Once you are done selecting your students' grades, click the Submit button. Once your grades are submitted, you will receive a Thank You message.
- You have now completed the grade posting process. Student Affairs will access your posted grades so that they may process the grades and post them to students' accounts.
- Follow Steps 1 - 8 as above.
- Click Request Grade Change. (Please note that this link becomes visible after the initial posting of grades.)
- In the column labeled Official Grade, select the new grade from the drop-down list.
- When you are finished changing grades, click Submit.
- Student Affairs will access your changed grades so that they may process the grades and post them to students' accounts. Logout.
- MyUMUC requirements and recommendations differ based on your operating system and browser type. Consult the MyUMUC technical requirements for details.
- MyUMUC times out after approximately 20 minutes of inactivity.
- You must press Submit when you have finished entering grades.
- When issuing a grade of Incomplete, all fields on the Incomplete screen must be filled out.
- Entering final grades via the WebTycho grade book does not constitute an official submission of grades. Final grades must be submitted via the electronic grade roll in the MyUMUC faculty portal within 72 hours of the end of the class.
- Grades will not post to students' accounts for one to two business days from the time of submittal.
- The grade of FN is assigned when the student registers but never appears. It is also assigned when the student did submit some early assignments but completely stopped attending and participating within the first 60 percent of the session and did not officially withdraw. For more information, see Faculty Guidelines for Assigning the Grade of FN.
- For failure solely based on academic performance or failure including such nonattendance but after the FN cutoff date, the F grade is used.
- If you have missing grades, do not enter an I; the Incomplete grade must be requested by the student. Refer to UMUC's Academic Policies Web site for more information.
- Faculty must submit final grades in MyUMUC within 72 hours of the last day of class. Refer to the Worldwide Faculty Handbook for the definitions of grades and marks that may be assigned to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Any student who attended the course but whose name does not appear on your grade roster may not have been officially registered for the class. Contact the Registrar's Office to confirm registration in the class.