Employment Qualifications

To work as an employee in the Academic Support Program, you must have the following qualifications (effective July 1, 2005):

  • Must be at least 18 years of age.

  • Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (to work as a Teaching Assistant; not necessary for Student Assistants).

  • May not be a current UMUC student (except to work as a Student Assistant).

  • Must be authorized to work in the United States on an unrestricted basis.

  • Must have taken the class (or a similar class) for which you are assisting and earned a grade of A or B, or must demonstrate professional experience in the subject.

  • May be required to have additional qualifications as determined by the academic director or assistant dean.

  • May not work as a Teaching Assistant for an immediate family member (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling).