Faculty members who need laptops, projectors or other technology for classroom use can check out equipment from UMUC’s Teaching Aids Distribution (TAD) Center. The TAD Center is located on the first floor of UMUC’s University Centre, 4716 Pontiac Street, College Park, across Route 1 and just north of the entrance to the UMCP campus.
The TAD Center has a separate entrance on the right corner of the building and offers free parking (tokens to exit the lot will be provided) and reserved TAD Center spaces outside the entrance. Get directions to the TAD Center.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Laptop computer
- LCD projector
- Overhead projector
- VCR/DVD player (for Marriott or ICC use)
- Projection screens (for Marriott or ICC use)
- Laptop/projector presentation cart (for Marriott or ICC use)
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Suite
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
Procedure for Borrowing Equipment
Equipment must be picked up and returned by the individual faculty member and may be borrowed on a short-term or semester-long basis by following the procedure below.
Contact your Academic Department. Provide the following information:
- Course(s) assigned to teach for the semester (number and section)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Date for pickup
- Date for return
- Special computer configuration or software needs
Please note that you must advise your department of wireless Internet needs so access can be requested.
Equipment Request Types
- Semester Request: Pickup and return is based on the start and end date of the semester. Equipment is ready for pickup the first day of classes and must be returned on the last day of classes.
- Short-term Request: Allow two days for the request to be processed.
The TAD Center will e-mail a confirmation that the requested equipment is ready for pickup, or you may call the TAD Center at 301-985-7019 to verify your equipment is ready prior to pick up.
When picking up equipment, the person picking up must be the person listed on the request. You will be required to show your UMUC identification card and a valid driver's license and to sign a check-out form.
All equipment must be returned by the due date.
UMUC Inn and Conference Center Equipment
Laptop and projector carts are available for use in the Marriott and ICC buildings through the Data Center in ICC 0131. Equipment must be reserved in advance through the TAD Center.
Call 301-985-7019 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.