The University of Maryland University College is a member of the Eduroam network, which provides secure and fast wireless access at University of Maryland University College locations, the University of Maryland, College Park, and in more than 50 countries. University of Maryland University College students, faculty and staff have access to free Wi-Fi while visiting participating universities and research institutions around the world. Eduroam is easy to use, and registration is not required.
- Click the Start button on your computer's taskbar.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet. If you cannot find Network and Internet in the screen list, change the view to Category under View by: on the top right side of the screen.
- Under Network and Sharing Center, click Connect to a network.
You must have your wireless turned on to continue with next step.
- In Connections are available list, click Eduroam.
- Click the Connect button.
- You will see the screen Connecting to Eduroam..., it may disappear after a few seconds but you can track its progress by clicking on the taskbar wireless icon.
- A Windows Security window will appear where you will enter your Eduroam login credentials.
- Your Eduroam username is MyUMUCusername@umuc.edu. For example, if you log into MyUMUC as jdoe7, you would enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the Eduroam username field.
- Your Eduroam password is your MyUMUC password. This format is the same for students, faculty, and staff.
- Enter your eduroam username: MyUMUCusername@umuc.edu
- Enter your password: Your MyUMUC Password
- Click OK to connect to Eduroam.