Polaris: Password Requirements
When changing your password on Polaris, the new password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Cannot contain repeated characters - You cannot have more than 2 consecutive letters.
- Must contain uppercase, lowercase, and at least one number
- Must contain at least 2 uppercase alpha characters
- Must contain at least 1 special character (such as a comma, dollar sign, plus sign, etc.)
- Cannot be derived from other words or found in the dictionary that is used by the system
Passwords on Polaris will expire every 180 days. At that time, you will be required to change your password or you will no longer be able to access your account. If logging in directly with an ssh client, you will be prompted to reset your password when it has expired.