Follow the steps below to connect to Nova UNIX servers using the built-in terminal client on your Macintosh or Linux computer.
- Open a terminal:
- On a Mac, click Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Using Linux, click Applications > Accessories > Terminal.
- After opening a terminal window as described above, connect using the following syntax: $ ssh [username]@Nova.umuc.edu
- Replace [username] with your account userid. For example, if assigned the cm325c01 userid, you would type: $ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Nova account password.
- If prompted for Terminal Type? [vt100], press Enter to accept the default vt100 type.
- You will not be able to access your account until the security policy is accepted.accept. Please accept it by typing the word n logging into your account for the first time, you will be prompted to accept a security certificate. Upo