eChapters are free excerpts of assigned readings that have been placed in your classroom. If you ordered your books and they do not arrive before class begins, then you can stay on schedule by accessing eChapters while you wait for your books to arrive.
eBooks are electronic versions of class materials. Not all class materials are offered in this format.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 or above and Mac OS X 10.3 or above
- Memory: 280 MB RAM or higher
- Processor: 600 MHz or higher
- Hard Drive: 110 MB or higher
- Display Settings: 1024 x 768 or higher
Be sure to check the DRM of the eBook or eChapter you wish to download to determine which reader is required. After purchasing an eBook or downloading an eChapter you will receive instructions for downloading the required free reader.
You must be connected to the Internet during the download process. Due to the size of eBooks, a high-speed Internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection may be wired or wireless; however, a wired connection is preferred. After the download is complete, you can read eBooks and eChapters offline.
Special MBS Notes:
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Coursesmart Bookshelf
- VitalSource Bookshelf
- AspenLaw Studydesk Software Reader*
*AspenLaw Studydesk Software Reader is not currently available for the Macintosh Operating System.
- Most eBooks and eChapters can only be downloaded one time and only to one computer. After purchasing, to see if your eContent file can be accessed on more than one computer, contact support at 888-886-0801 or email email@example.com.
- Do not download your eBook or eChapter to share or lab computers.
- eBook and eChapters sales do not qualify for the MBS Buyback program.
- Once accessed, all eBook and eChapter sales are final. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS.
- For additional information or questions, please visit MBS FAQ.