This article will provide instructions on how to download and install Office 365 on a Windows PC.
Note: The following instructions are for students enrolled in IFSM 201 and CMST 303 courses only. Students not enrolled in these courses and need technical support for Office 365 should contact Microsoft. Visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus for assistance.
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to http://office.umuc.edu.
- Login with your University of Maryland University College username and password.
- Once logged in, the Office installation page will load with the list of applications available for installation.
- Select the Language and Version. Microsoft recommends the 32-bit option but 64-bit is available via the Advanced link.
- Once you select a version, click the Install button.
- Click Save File.
- Click Run.
- If you are prompted to confirm that you want to make changes to your machine, click Yes.
- Installation begins.
- Installation continues in the background while additional screens present information and options.
- Click Next on the information screen.
- Configure options and click Next.
- You have the option to take a look at what is new with Office. Click Take a Look or click No, thanks.
- A message indicating the successful installation will be presented.
- To open one of the Office applications, click the Start button and select the application under Microsoft Office 2013.
Activation: After installing you will need to activate your new Office programs. Select any program to open and log in to the University of Maryland University College Single Sign-on system when prompted.