Withdrawing from a course can have financial and academic implications that should be taken into consideration when making this decision. What are my options for dropping or withdrawing from a class?
How to drop or withdraw from a class in my Student Center:
- Log into MyUMUC
- Click Student Center.
- Under the Academics section, select Enroll.
- Select a term, click Continue, and then click the Drop tab.
- Check the box(s) for the course(s) you wish to drop or withdraw from.
- Select Drop under the Action drop-down menu beside the class(es) you wish to drop.
- Click Submit.
- On the Course Withdrawal Consent page, place a check in the box to indicate you understand the potential consequences of the drop process.
- Click Continue.
- Sessions for the same term that begin after the current date may be available for you to enroll in. If you select I plan to return to the University of Maryland University College this semester, you will be given the option to select a return date. If you are already enrolled in a future session, the return date will be displayed.
- If you are given the option to select an Anticipated Return Date, then click the magnifying glass to see the start dates of remaining sessions for the term. If you select a date, click Submit to continue. You will be presented with a page allowing you to indicate whether or not you wish to enroll now.
- If you choose to enroll now, you will be directed to the Add Courses page.
- If you choose not to enroll, a message will appear stating you are registered for other classes; you will need to drop those courses.
- If you choose not to return, or there are no other sessions available in the term, you will receive a confirmation page that the drop/withdrawal has been completed.