Withdrawing from a course can have financial and academic implications that should be taken into consideration when making this decision. Please view What are my options for dropping or withdrawing from a class?
To drop or withdraw from a class
- Log in to MyUMUC and go to your Class Schedule.
- Use the Semester dropdown to choose the semester in which you want to drop a course.
- Initiate the drop process by selecting the trash icon next to the corresponding course.
- Upon submitting your request, you will be directed to the Course Withdrawal Consent page.
- Place a check in the box to indicate that you understand the potential consequences of the drop process.
Sessions for the same semester that begin after the current date may be available for you to enroll in. If you select I plan to return to UMUC this semester, you will be given the option to select a future return date. If you are already enrolled in a future session, the return date will be displayed. If you are given the option to select an Anticipated Return Date, click the magnifying glass icon to see the start dates of remaining sessions for the semester. Upon submitting your selected date, you will be presented with a page allowing you to indicate whether or not you wish to enroll now.
- If you choose to enroll now, you will be directed to the Add Courses page.
- If you choose not to enroll, a message will appear stating you are registered for other classes; you will need to drop those courses.
- If you choose not to return, or there are no other sessions available in the term, you will receive a confirmation page that the drop/withdrawal has been completed.