Refunds are processed in the same manner used to pay the University of Maryland University College. For example, if the bill was paid with a credit card, then the refund will be returned to that credit card account.
Refund Processing Schedules:
- Cash or Money Order: Refunds will be processed within one business day of approval.
- Credit Card: Credit card refunds are automatically sent within 10 business days from the date the credit appears on the account and will be credited back to the credit card used to make the payment.
- Direct Deposit: Refunds are deposited within 5 business days of approval if the direct deposit account has been set up. Direct deposits are not available for payments made by credit card or the University of Maryland University College Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan.
- Financial Aid: Refund checks will be mailed within 14 calendar days of approval.
- Personal Check: Refund checks are processed 21 days after the check has cleared the bank and are mailed within 14 calendar days of approval.
- The University of Maryland University College Interest-Free Monthly Payment Plan: Refunds are processed at the end of each semester. To request the refund before the end of the semester, the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) should be contacted. The refund will be posted within 30 days of approval.