Bankruptcy: I filed bankruptcy and included UMUC in the filing. What must I do next?

If you've filed bankruptcy and included your outstanding balance with UMUC in the bankruptcy filing, you must fax a copy of the bankruptcy documentation to the Office of Student Accounts. The fax number is: 301-985-7858.

If your account balance has been transferred to the State Central Collections Unit (SCCU), the Office of Student Accounts will forward the appropriate documentation to SCCU for processing so that the "hold" on your account can be removed.