Why Study at UMUC?
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is the largest public university in the United States and one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland. As a global university, UMUC serves more than 95,000 students around the world. We specialize in providing high-quality academic programs tailored to busy professionals.
The university is proud to offer acclaimed faculty and world-class student services to educate students online, throughout Maryland, across the United States, and in 25 countries and territories.
Designed for Adult Students
- Convenient, flexible online and on-site classes.
- Experienced faculty, many of whom are leaders in the fields they teach.
- Curriculum that reflects workplace trends and best practices to give students a competitive edge.
- Comprehensive student support services to assist in choosing a degree, career planning, and more.
- Affordable tuition and a range of ways to meet, manage, or lower higher education costs.
Graduates and faculty members discuss the UMUC experience.
Financing your UMUC Education
As part of UMUC's commitment to making higher education more affordable for all students, our Financial Aid Office offers personalized advice about financial assistance options. Our counselors will help you understand your options and research ways to meet, manage, or lower the cost to attend college.
Financial Aid Counselors are Here to Help
- Our knowledgeable counselors will guide you through the financial aid process.
- We will help you find applicable scholarship opportunities.
- You'll learn about options for financing your education, including our interest-free monthly payment plan administered by Educational Computer Systems, Inc.
We're Here to Support You Every Step of the Way
UMUC provides a wide array of services, tools and support to help you get the most from your education. Our friendly and knowledgeable advisors will help you choose the right degree program and plan your career path.
Resources for Students
- Assistance with résumé writing and career planning through the Career Center, as well as opportunities to network with employees, alumni, and other students.
- One-on-one writing advice and online writing resources available 24/7 through the Effective Writing Center.
- Access to research support 24/7, including an online library of articles, books, research, reports, and more.
- Tutoring and mentoring for undergraduate students.
- Technical support available 24/7 for any online problems or questions.
Undergraduate Programs Designed for Busy Adults
UMUC offers a wide range of undergraduate programs, including many in today's fastest-growing fields. Whatever your area of interest, our bachelor's programs are designed to equip you with knowledge and skills to help you advance your career or start a new one.
- UMUC's undergraduate programs combine flexible and convenient classes with academic excellence and the professional relevance today's employers demand.
- Our curriculum is tailored to the latest workplace trends and best practices.
- Many of our instructors are actively working in the fields they teach to ensure what you learn has real-world applications.
Prior Learning Program
- We recognize not all college-level learning happens in the classroom. The Prior Learning program can help you earn your bachelor's degree faster.
- You can earn college credit by demonstrating what you've learned on the job, volunteering or in the military.
Graduate Degrees to Help Advance your Career
The Graduate School at UMUC offers a wide range of career-specific programs to help you gain the skills and credentials you need to advance your career. With our flexible online and on-site classes, you can earn your master's degree while maintaining your professional and personal obligations.
Learn from Industry Professionals
- Our curriculum is designed in part by government and industry professionals, and our faculty tailor their teaching to what's happening in the field.
- UMUC stays at the forefront of workplace trends and best practices to help prepare you to make immediate contributions to your chosen career.
Earn a Degree
in a Growing Field
- Many of our master's programs were specifically created to meet the demands of the 21st century workforce, including growth industries, such as cybersecurity, homeland security, information technology, and health care administration.