About UMUC Library OneSearch
What is UMUC Library OneSearch?
This service, made available in conjunction with EBSCO Publishing, allows users to find scholarly articles, books, and/or other research resources via a single search engine. With UMUC Library OneSearch users can simultaneously search most of the databases to which the UMUC Library subscribes, either directly or as additional resources. (Which databases?)
How do I use OneSearch?
- Enter your search terms and view results.
Enter your search terms from the Research Resources tab on the library home page or use the Advanced Search screen for more search options. Your results will look like this:
- Add additional resources.
Select additional resources from the right panel and click Update to add the results from those databases.
- Refine your results.
Use the left panel to narrow down your results to more specific criteria.
- Get the full text.
Click the HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text link to read the item, orclick the Find It button to see if another database has the full text. (If full text is not available, the Find It menu will give you the option to get the item through DocumentExpress.)
- Or view the detailed record, read the abstract, and use the tools.
Click the item's title to view the detailed record, where you will find the abstract and some useful tools, including the ability to print, e-mail, and bookmark the item, add it to a My EBSCOhost folder, and export it to a bibliographic management tool, such as RefWorks.
You can add your search to your My EBSCOhost folder, set up an alert so that you get notified whenever new items become available, or link to your search so that you can run it again in the future.
Need more details?
See EBSCO Discovery Service Help.
Ask a Librarian.
What databases are included in OneSearch?
Most of the databases to which the UMUC Library subscribes are available in OneSearch, either directly or as additional resources. A complete list is below.
What databases are searched directly?
What databases are included under "Additional Resources?"
- Academic Search Complete
- ACM Digital Library
- America: History & Life
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Business Insights: Essentials
- Business Source Complete
- CINAHL Complete
- Computer Database
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- Criminology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Education Research Complete
- Encyclopedia, Funk & Wagnalls New World
- Environment Complete
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- GPO Monthly Catalog
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Historical Abstracts
- IEEE Computer Society Digital Library
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- MasterFILE Premier
- Mergent Online
- Military & Government Collection
- Oxford Reference Online Premium
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- Political Science Complete
- Primary Search
- Professional Development Collection
- Project Muse
- Psychology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- SAGE Reference Online Collections
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Sociology: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- Teacher Reference Center
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- Dissertations and Theses (ProQuest)
- LexisNexis Academic
- Library Catalog
- LION: Literature Online
- Safari Books Online
What databases are not included?
Each of these databases will need to be searched individually (see Databases by Title):
- APA Guide to Electronic References (2012)
- Bibliography of the History of Art
- Bond Reports
- BuildingGreen Suite
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Christian Science Monitor
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clase and Periodica
- Company Profiles
- D&B Key Business Ratios
- Electronic Books
- Electronic Collections Online
- Emerald Fulltext and Management Reviews
- Emerald Management Thinking
- General Business File ASAP
- Google Scholar
- Homeland Security Digital Library
- In the First Person
- Industry Surveys
- Literary Index
- New York Times
- Online Learning Report 2012 (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- ProQuest Newspapers
- Register of Companies and Executives
- S&P NetAdvantage
- Stock Reports
- Sun (Baltimore)
- Survey of Distance Learning Programs in Higher Education, 2012-13 Edition
- Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- Zotero: A Guide for Librarians, Researchers, and Educators