Technical Help for Using Library Resources
New procedure, effective June 13, 2013
Make sure your browser settings are correct.
Other common issues and their solutions:
- Books24x7 problems with links
What to do if your link to a book does not work.
- Look up your library barcode or print your ID card
Barcodes are needed for DocumentExpress and to request books from the library catalog. ID cards are needed to pick up a library book in person.
- Is a resource not working correctly?
See library database status alerts or report a new problem.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF files
Documents won't display or function properly?
- E-mailing an article to yourself
Here are the options.
- Linking to an article
A link you saved earlier does not work now?
- Restricted network security preventing you from logging in?
This sometimes happen on military bases or corporate networks.
- Wireless connection setup
How to connect your wireless device at UMUC, plus at the University of Maryland and other institutions that belong to the Eduroam network.
Need further assistance?
Ask a Librarian