Guide to the VAIL Plagiarism Tutorial
- The tutorial has a graphical interface for ease of navigation.
- Once inside the tutorial, students are able to navigate
three ways: by selecting a Module from the upper right hand
corner, by selecting a section of a module from the left
hand corner, and by simply clicking the previous and “next”
arrows at the bottom of the screen.
- The tutorial includes a quiz, an FAQ, glossary, bibliography,
4 modules, 13 sections, illustrative pop-ups, and an animated
- The tutorial includes a small test that students can complete
to demonstrate their basic understanding of the concepts
- The tutorial includes a glossary of terms used. The glossary
terms appear in blue text throughout the tutorial, and link
to their definition in a separate file.
- Students can print the certificate immediately displayed
upon completion of the Quiz. In addition, students should
be urged to be careful to type in a correct e-mail address
when prompted. The tutorial will not save a student’s
“Certificate of Successful Completion.”
- The VAIL Tutor does not set cookies on a user’s
computer. The quiz must be taken in one sitting.
- This tutorial should take an average of 1.5 hours to complete.