We Understand Military Spouses and Families
Nationally recognized as military friendly, UMUC is the clear choice of online schools by military spouses.
University of Maryland University College has steadfastly served the U.S. armed forces since 1947. No one can match our experience and dedication to educating our troops and their spouses and families.
We understand life in the military and many of the challenges you face. That’s why we offer flexible academic programs and tailored support. We make starting school and earning your degree as streamlined and frustration-free as possible, which starts with our reduced tuition rate for spouses of active-duty military servicemembers. And we can help you find the career you want or get ahead in the career you already have.
5 Reasons to Choose UMUC
- Affordability: It's easy to find ways to afford your degree with our reduced military tuition rates, military spouse educational benefits, financial aid options, and scholarships.
- Global footprint: With more than 150 worldwide locations, advisors on bases throughout the U.S., and 20+ on-site classroom locations in the Washington, D.C., area, UMUC is a leading provider of education services to the U.S. armed forces, their families, and veterans.
- Flexible learning formats: We offer more than 95 career-relevant academic programs available entirely online, plus hybrid and on-site courses in the D.C. area.
- Regional accreditation: As a regionally accredited university, UMUC adheres to standards set by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, one of six regional accreditation agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- University System of Maryland membership: With more than 90,000 students, UMUC is the largest public university in the country, and we're a proud member of the University System of Maryland, which includes 12 institutions and two regional higher education centers.
"Most of our friends attend UMUC, and we are surrounded with military. I’ve heard nothing but good things about UMUC, which is why I felt so confident in the beginning of my college career."