Frequently Asked Questions (Army)
Throughout your academic experience, Army students use both the MyUMUC and GoArmyEd portals. It is important to know how each portal works and which services you should access from each. Here you can also find answers to general questions about being a student at UMUC.
Applying to UMUC
Registering for Classes
- How do I register for classes?
- Are there any required courses?
- What is the maximum number of semester hours for tuition assistance?
- How do I find my classes in GoArmyEd?
Course Materials (Books)
Dropping/Withdrawing from a Class
- How do I withdraw from a class?
- Is there a tuition assistance (TA) refund for withdrawing from my class?
- Can I request an Incomplete for a course?
Testing and Exams
Majors and Degree Maps
- What is the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Agreement?
- When do I receive an SOC Agreement?
- What is a Student Agreement (SA)?