National Leadership Institute
Changing the way you look at leadership.
Benefit from more than 30 years of worldwide leadership development expertise.
Since 1979, the UMUC National Leadership Institute has delivered high quality leadership training programs and services to managers and executives from a variety of public, private and non-profit organizations.
No matter how effective you think you are as a leader, you can always be better! Through the proven leadership development approaches of assessment, experiential learning and coaching, NLI programs provide participants with
- Self awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Development of leadership skills and perspectives
- Personalized support through coaching
Programs are offered on an "open enrollment basis" or organizations may contract with NLI for a custom designed program for their managers and their specific leadership training needs.
NLI programs are delivered by an exceptional faculty of organizational psychologists and behavioral scientists with years of experience working with professionals interested in increasing their leadership capabilities.
Unlocking unlimited potential and opportunities for individual career growth and development, NLI programs all have one over-arching objective—to build better leaders for both personal and organizational success.
- Leadership Development Program
June 3–7, 2013
September 23–27, 2013
November 18–22, 2013
December 9–13, 2013
- Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
May 1–3, 2013
June 19–21, 2013
August 14–16, 2013
September 11–13, 2013
October 9–11, 2013
November 6–8, 2013
- Online Leadership Assessment Program
- Negotiating Conflict Program
- Executive Coaching Program
Did You Know?
- Participants rank the effectiveness of NLI programs as a 4.8 out of 5, on average.
- 78% of all program participants are referred by a colleague or supervisor.