Policy 181.10 - Payment of Faculty Base Salary
ORIGINATOR: Provost and Chief Academic Officer
SUBJECT: Payment of Faculty Base Salary
This Policy applies to all University of Maryland University College (UMUC) locations.This Policy addresses the payment of base salary for all UMUC faculty positions.
All faculty are paid throughout the term of their appointment agreements or course assignments, as applicable, in accordance with the following:
- Collegiate Faculty, Professors of the Practice, and Librarians will be paid their salary in equal biweekly payments over the term of their appointment agreements.
- Adjunct Faculty are paid during the term of their appointment agreements in accordance with the Adjunct Faculty Pay Schedule available online at: UMUC-Stateside
- UMUC-Asia and UMUC-Europe
- Collegiate Faculty, regardless of whether they have a 10 month or 12 month service period, will be paid their salary in equal monthly payments over the term of their appointment agreements.
- Adjunct Faculty are paid during the term of their course assignments in accordance with the Adjunct Faculty Pay Schedule available online: UMUC-Asia and UMUC Europe
- If a faculty member separates from service prior to the ending date of his or her appointment, the faculty member will be paid all earned but unpaid salary in a single lump sum within 30 days of the end of the pay period in which the separation from service occurred.
- "Separation from service" has the same meaning as provided in Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code and associated regulations, and "includes any voluntary or involuntary termination from service, including (but not limited to) retirement or death."