Policy 420.60 - Salary Increments for Advanced Degrees
ORIGINATOR: Office of Human Resources
SUBJECT: Salary Increments for Additional Education
- University of Maryland University College is committed to the professional and educational development of its faculty and staff members.
- The purpose of the Salary Increments for Advanced Degrees policy is to outline when faculty and staff members are eligible for a salary increase based on completion of an advanced degree.
- This policy applies to all UMUC Stateside employees except for the following classifications: contingent 1 exempt and non-exempt, student workers (including Federal Work Study), Graduate Assistants, 9-month collegiate faculty, and adjunct faculty.
- The salary increase stipulated in this policy applies to degrees awarded on April 18, 2006 or after.
- Eligible staff and faculty shall be awarded an increase of $1000 to the base annual salary upon completion of each of:
- the first Bachelor's degree,
- the first Master's degree, and/or
- the first Doctorate degree.
- The degree must be awarded by a regionally accredited or equivalent institution.
- The increase will become effective the first pay period following the receipt by the Office of Human Resources of the following:
- Education Increase Request and a
- Employee's official transcript or other institution specific official document which indicates the specific degree and the date the degree was awarded.
- Education Increase Request