Develop The Skills Necessary to Lead and Manage Federal Contracts
Defense Acquisition University Equivalency Courses
Are you a government contractor or acquisition professional? The University of Maryland University College's Center for Professional Development is an approved Defense Acquisition University Equivalency Provider offering high-demand courses that can be used to fulfill Department of Defense Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics career field certification requirements.
Boost your competitiveness by demonstrating the skills associated with the successful completion of career field training programs.
Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act
Level I and II Contracting Certification
DAU Course: CON 100 | UMUC Course: CON 1100X
What You'll Learn: If you are new to the contracting field, this course will help you gain a broad understanding of the environment in which you will serve.
- Develop decision-making skills and the ability to advise acquisition team members on how to best meet customers’ needs.
- Explore Department of Defense mission areas and the types of business arrangements and procurement alternatives that support them.
- Learn about information systems, knowledge management, and recent DoD acquisition initiatives.
- Examine the business relationships of government and industry and the role of politics and customer relations.
- Participate in interactive exercises that will prepare you to provide contracting support within the DoD.
DAU Course: CON 200 | UMUC Course: CON 1200X
What You'll Learn: Build on the contracting Level I pre-award business and contracting knowledge you need for processing complex procurements.
Learn how to
- Plan successful mission-support strategies.
- Execute an acquisition that optimizes customer mission performance.
- Grow successful business relationships.
- Leverage the benefits of strategic sourcing and spend analysis.
- Navigate the ins and outs of providing contract financing.
- Conduct a formal source selection.
- Analyze the information necessary to determine contractor responsibility.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of subcontracting.
DAU Course: CON 216 | UMUC Course: CON 1216X
What You'll Learn: Learn about the basic principles and sources of law relevant to procurement, including fiscal law and legal issues that may develop during the course of a contract.
Find out how to handle
- Assignment of claims
- Contractor debt
- Performance issues
- Contract termination
No events scheduled
Already Have DAU Project Management Certification?
Your certification could help you fast-track your master's degree at UMUC. If you hold DAU Project Management Certification, UMUC will waive up to 9 credits toward the Master of Science in Management or Master of Science in Technology Management with Project Management specialization.