Cybersecurity Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The UMUC Center for Security Studies is seeking highly qualified and creative candidates for its Cybersecurity Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The fellowship will provide a monetary award to cover tuition, fees and books for two graduate courses in cybersecurity, along with a stipend. Qualified candidates should have an interest in research or teaching in the cybersecurity, digital forensics and information assurance fields.
Fellows will be required to complete the following within one year of beginning the program:
- Two 6-credit cybersecurity courses (with a grade of "B" or better)
- Five-week Online Faculty Training
- Presentation of two conference papers at notable conferences or publication of one scholarly article related to cybersecurity in a refereed journal
Upon successful completion of the one-year postdoctoral program, fellows will be considered for adjunct faculty positions in UMUC's graduate cybersecurity and information assurance programs.
Candidates applying to the fellowship program must have:
- A doctorate degree in cybersecurity, information assurance, information technology (IT), computer science, digital forensics or related fields
- Strong research and communication skills
In addition, demonstrated experience in cybersecurity, information assurance and/or related fields is a plus. Candidates with strong publication records are preferred.
Application Process and Deadline
Applicants must submit the following documents as a single file via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Cybersecurity Postdoctoral Fellowship application form
- A research statement clearly articulating proposed research area(s) in the fields of cybersecurity and information assurance.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of doctoral degree transcript(s)
- Two letters of reference from professors or current or former employers who can evaluate the applicant’s aptitude for research and teaching
A review panel comprised of faculty will evaluate applications. Assessments will be based on the student's academic record, research interests, professional background, and reference letters.
- The application deadline is April 19, 2013. Completed applications must be submitted in a single file via e-mail to email@example.com.
- As part of the application process, qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For inquiries, e-mail Jennifer Hull or call 240-684-2432.