Undergraduate Admission Information
Step-by-Step Application Process
If you are a new or prospective student, a UMUC new student advisor can provide information about:
To speak with a new student advisor, call 800-888-UMUC (8682), or e-mail email@example.com.
STEP 2: INFORMATION ON UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMSFor detailed information on the undergraduate programs that we offer, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/students/academics/.
STEP 3: APPLY
Completing UMUC's online application is the easiest and fastest way to apply to the university. Applications for admission are accepted throughout the year. All applications must be completed in full and are assessed an application fee.
Who should apply:
- New students
- Students who have not registered for classes at UMUC in the past two years
Important Hints for Completing the Electronic Application
- Collect all of your information before you begin your application.
- Once you submit the application, you will be charged a non-refundable application fee of $50.
- If you have any questions as you are completing the application, please contact us at 800-888-UMUC (8682) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For students who have attended UMUC-Asia or UMUC-Europe within the last two years, please complete the Divisional Transfer Request rather than an Undergraduate Application for Admission.
- Non-U.S. citizens and foreign-educated students should refer to the International Students and International Credit Evaluation Services pages.
- You should receive a confirmation page immediately after your application is submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact us at 800-888-UMUC (8682). After receiving your application, an admissions representative will review your information.
- When your admissions application has been processed, you will receive your self-service (MyUMUC) login information via e-mail. If you did not supply payment with the application you will be able to do so through MyUMUC self-service.
- Visit Submit Your Transcripts to UMUC for directions to submit your transcripts.
- Official transcripts are not required at the time of admission, but need to arrive before the end of your first semester of attendance.
- Please note that UMUC does not request transcripts on students’ behalf. To request a transcript, contact each of your previous schools to have them send official transcripts to UMUC. It is your responsibility to confirm that your records have arrived.
- Credit toward a UMUC degree may be assigned from a variety of external sources, including coursework completed at other institutions or through the military. See Transfer Credit Policies for more details.
For complete registration information, see Registration.