Apply for Admission to UMUC
Applying to UMUC is quick and easy. Before you get started, review information about qualifying for the in-state tuition rate.
Four Steps to Apply
1. Review admission criteria
- Official documents indicating graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school or successful completion of the GED examination with a total score of 225 and no score below 40 on any of the five tests (if taken prior to January 2002) or a total score of 2250 and no score below 410 (if taken January 2002 or later).
- A cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or better on all college-level work attempted at other regionally accredited colleges and universities, including University System of Maryland institutions.
- Note: You are not required to submit official transcripts for admission. However, you must have all official documents on file with UMUC at the time of your request for an official evaluation (recommended within your first semester).
- See full undergraduate admission requirements.
- Official transcripts indicating completion of at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Graduate admission criteria may vary by program. See individual program descriptions for more details.
- Note: UMUC recognizes the value of past education and workplace experiences and does not require standardized tests like the GMAT or GRE for standard graduate admission. See the MBA program for information about optional submission of GMAT scores.
- See full graduate admission requirements.
Undergraduate admission criteria for bachelor’s degrees or certificates1:
Graduate admission criteria for master’s degrees or certificates:
- Review the Doctor of Management or Doctor of Management in Community College Policy and Administration requirements.
Doctoral admission criteria:
2. Consult with an advisor
To walk through the application process with an advisor, call 800-888-UMUC (8682) or e-mail email@example.com.
3. Complete the application
Apply for admission online.
4. Pay the application fee
Application fees range from $30 to $100 based on location and level of study. The fee is non-refundable and may be paid by credit card or electronic check.