Open Houses and Online Events
Military Open House at Aberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen Proving Ground*
Wednesday, Jun 3 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Graduate Admission Requirements
Who Needs To Apply?
- New students
- Students who have not registered for classes at UMUC in the past two years
Graduate Admission Criteria for New Students
- Applicants for graduate certificate and master's degree programs must complete and submit an application for admission along with a non-refundable application fee and an official transcript indicating completion of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores are not required for admission to regular master's degree and certificate programs. See MBA program description for information regarding optional submission of GMAT scores.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Management and DM in Community College Policy and Administration have different requirements.
- Some graduate programs require the submission of additional information before an admission decision can be made. See individual program descriptions for more details.
If you have not attended class at UMUC for more than two years since your last registration at UMUC, you must complete a new application for admission. If you were previously a graduate student and are enrolling as a graduate student again, you will not be required to pay another application fee.
If you are a service member who discontinued studies with UMUC due to service obligations and would now like to return as a UMUC student, please contact the Office of Military Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 240-684-2105 or 877-275-8682 so that we can help you continue with your studies. For further information on the Department of Education's policy on re-admission for service members, please see http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/guid/readmission.html.
Please note: If it has been more than two years since your last registration at UMUC, you must complete a new application for admission so that we can make sure we have your most updated information. If you are applying to the same career, an application fee will not be charged.
If you were dismissed from The Graduate School, please see the graduate reinstatement policy, under section F . If you were previously dismissed from The Undergraduate School and have since completed a regionally accredited bachelor's degree program, you are eligible for admission.
If you are not a U.S. citizen or if you were educated abroad, please review International Students, Admission Requirements—Graduate. Contact New Student Advising at 800-888-UMUC (8682) or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
If you are enrolled in a graduate school in another USM institution (whether or not you are seeking a degree) but want to take undergraduate courses, you should either submit a letter of permission from your department or complete a Notification of Registration form with University of Maryland University College.
If you are enrolled in a graduate school at another USM institution (whether or not you are seeking a degree) but want to take undergraduate courses, you should either submit a letter of permission from your department or complete a Notification of Registration form with University of Maryland University College.
Students who are admitted to another University System of Maryland (USM) institution and who do not wish to transfer do not have to apply.
At late registration, participants in the Golden Identification (GID) program may register for up to 7 credits each semester—on a space-available basis—without paying tuition. The late registration fee is waived, but you must pay any other fees (e.g., EXCEL fees).
To qualify, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a resident of Maryland.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident.
- Be 60 years old by the beginning date of the semester for which you are applying.
- Not be employed more than 20 hours a week.
- Meet all requirements for admission.
- Benefits do not apply to Master of Business Administration; Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy or Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigations; Executive Programs; or 800-level courses.
Mail, fax, touch-tone and online registration are not available for Golden ID students, who must register in person. Please consult Important Dates or contact the site where you plan to register to determine the exact dates of late registration.
The Golden ID eligibility form must accompany the application for admission. Also, you should be aware that you must be certified each semester for Golden ID benefits. To request an application and a Golden ID eligibility form, contact new student advising.