Transfer to UMUC
When you transfer to UMUC, you come to an institution that’s respected and taught by distinguished and talented faculty. Plus, you can choose from a wide variety of undergraduate programs to accelerate your career growth.
You'll need a total of 120 credits to complete a UMUC bachelor's degree—and our flexible transfer policy puts you well on your way.
UMUC accepts up to
- 70 credits from two-year colleges
- 90 credits from four-year institutions
Plus, you could earn credit for your college-level learning gained from work or military experience, training and graduate and international study. To learn more, contact a new student advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend one of our Transfer Day Events.
UMUC is regionally accredited, so its academic programs are rigorously reviewed by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. UMUC is also one of the 11 degree-granting institutions in the renowned University System of Maryland.
You may be able to transfer credits from:
- Two-Year Institutions
Community college alliances
- Four-Year Institutions
Regionally accredited colleges and universities
- Military Service
Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard
- Learning Acquired Outside the Classroom
Credit by Examination
- Graduate Study
Graduate certificates and master's or doctoral degrees from regionally accredited colleges and universities
- International Study
Credits earned abroad
See detailed transfer credit policies to learn more.
How To Transfer Credits to UMUC
- To receive an official evaluation of your transfer credits, you will need to apply to UMUC.
- Once UMUC receives all of your official transcripts, an official evaluation will be completed for you automatically.
- View your evaluation online by logging into MyUMUC and selecting "MyAdvising" and "View My Degree Progress Report."
- Once you review your evaluation, contact a new student advisor at email@example.com or 800-888-UMUC (8682) so that he or she can review program requirements with you and answer any other questions.