Transfer Credits to UMUC
We want you to save time and save money as you pursue your degree. Whether you've taken classes at a community college, gained know-how on the job, or been trained in the military, we'll help you transfer your credits to University of Maryland University College.
Learn How Many Credits Will Transfer
- Request an undergraduate transfer evaluation:
- To receive an official transfer credit evaluation, apply to UMUC and submit official transcripts.
- To have your unofficial transcripts reviewed and receive a tentative evaluation of your transfer credits, contact a transfer advisor.
- Request a graduate transfer evaluation: If you're a graduate student, after you apply and are admitted to the university, complete the transfer credit evaluation request.
- Estimate your transfer credits: If you attended a community college in Maryland or a school that's part of our out-of-state community college alliances, you can estimate your transfer credits using the online Transfer Evaluation System.
- Attend a transfer event: At UMUC transfer events, you can apply to UMUC, receive a tentative transfer credit evaluation and learn about scholarships, including the UMUC Completion Scholarship for Maryland community college graduates.
Finish Your Bachelor's Degree for About $12,000
UMUC Completion Scholarship
We offer Maryland community college graduates the chance to earn a bachelor's degree at a significantly reduced cost with the UMUC Completion Scholarship.
Sources of Transfer Credit
- Approved two-year schools and community colleges—up to 70 credits toward a bachelor's
- Approved four-year colleges and universities—up to 90 credits toward a bachelor's
- Graduate study at approved colleges and universities
- Studies abroad evaluated by an international evaluation agency
- Military service
- Professional or volunteer experience
- Examinations, including Advance Placement exams and those administered through the College Level Examination Program