Community College Alliance Program
Your community college and UMUC—Two Schools,
One Bachelor’s Program
Your Maryland community college has teamed up with UMUC to offer one, seamless path toward earning your bachelor’s degree. Through the Community College Alliance Program at UMUC, your associate's degree can be part of a single, integrated curriculum plan for earning your bachelor’s degree. UMUC will accept up to 70 applicable community college credits from a participating in-state or out-of-state community college. Now, you can transfer with peace of mind and know your hard-earned credits will transfer to UMUC.
As an alliance student, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Waiver of UMUC's $50 admission application fee*
- Dual enrollment options at your community college and UMUC
- Scholarship opportunities for community college graduates
- Guaranteed admission
- Access to the extensive University System of Maryland library, tutoring, writing assistance, career counseling, computer labs and more
- UMUC transfer advising at your community college campus
- Easy application process with the e-application
* The application fee can only be waived for community college students who have not yet completed an associate's degree.
When you graduate with an associate’s degree from a participating Maryland community college, you automatically qualify for the UMUC Completion Scholarship, which can enable you to complete a bachelor's degree program for about $12,000.
If you graduated with an associate's degree from a Maryland community college, you are guaranteed admission to UMUC and are eligible for the Completion Scholarship. No other university offers a completion scholarship with guaranteed admission.
UMUC has alliance agreements with more than 90 community and technical colleges across the United States, including all 16 Maryland community colleges.
Transfer Student Events
Attend an event to meet with transfer advisors and learn about transferring to UMUC.
If you haven't earned an associate's degree, UMUC's Reverse Transfer program can help. The Reverse Transfer program is designed to allow you to transfer UMUC credits back to participating community colleges. Earning your associate's degree can boost your resume and enhance opportunities for personal and professional growth. You may be able to earn your associate's degree while working on your bachelor's degree at UMUC, saving both time and money. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you are eligible.
Become a Partner
Interested in Joining the Alliance? Find out more information.
Phone: 800-888-UMUC (8682)