Criteria for Graduate Transfer Credits
All graduate credits offered for transfer credit must meet the following criteria:
- The credits must have been earned as graduate credit.
- The credits must not have been used to meet the requirements for any degree the student previously earned or is expected to earn.
- The credits must have been awarded within the time limit for the degree or certificate.
- The student must have earned a grade of B or better in the courses considered for transfer. (However, these grades are not included in the calculation of the student's grade-point average.)
- The department advisor and the program director must have determined that the transfer courses are relevant to the student's program of study.
- The credits must have been earned at an approved institution and be equivalent to graduate-level coursework or recommended for graduate-level credit by the American Council on Education (ACE).