Transfer to UMUC
Earn Your Degree Faster by Making Every Credit Count
When you transfer to University of Maryland University College, you can choose from a wide variety of degree programs to accelerate your career. And our flexible transfer credit policy puts you well on your way to your bachelor’s degree.
Online Classroom Test-Drive
If you're curious about online learning but want to know more before investing in college, you're not alone. That's why we've created UMUC 411, a free week-long classroom experience that provides you with the 411 on UMUC. Register for a Test-Drive!
Transfer Day Events
If you're a student at one of UMUC’s community college alliance schools, attend a Transfer Day Event on your campus! You can apply on the spot and learn about the Community College Transfer Scholarship.
Find Out How Many Credits Will Transfer to UMUC
Apply: Apply to UMUC and submit official transcripts to receive an official transfer credit evaluation.
- Use the Online Transfer Evaluation Tool: If you attended a UMUC alliance school, estimate your transfer credits using the online transfer evaluation tool.
- Contact an Advisor: If you have your unofficial or official transcripts, contact our Transfer Advising Team or call 800-888-UMUC (8682) to receive a tentative transfer credit evaluation.
Transfer Credits for a Fast-Track to Your Degree
UMUC accepts up to
- 70 credits from two-year colleges
- 90 credits from approved four-year colleges and universities
You may also be able to transfer credits from
- Graduate study at approved colleges and universities
- International study evaluated by an international evaluation agency
You could earn credit for your college-level learning acquired from
Or save time and money by earning credit by exam.
View transfer credit policies for more information.
Fast Facts About UMUC
- Admissions Requirements
- Transfer Credits
- Tuition Rates
- Financial Aid
- Registration and Start Dates
- About UMUC
- Frequently Asked Questions