Financial Aid Disbursements over Holidays
Financial aid will not be disbursed during university holidays. The last disbursement before the Thanksgiving Holiday will be Thursday, November 21. Normal disbursements will resume Tuesday, December 3, 2013. The last disbursement before the winter holiday break will be Thursday, December 19. Normal disbursements will resume Thursday, January 2, 2014.
UMUC's Financial Aid Office is eager to help you and your family understand financial aid and to assist you in finding ways to meet your college costs. We are committed to making a UMUC education affordable for all students. Whether you are a new or returning student, we invite you to learn more about our financial aid programs.
Financial Aid Checklist
To ensure timely disbursement of your financial aid, please review the checklist below. Answers to all items should be "yes."
- Are you enrolled at least half-time in your program of study?
- Are you meeting satisfactory academic progress?
- Did you accept your financial aid award for the 2012-13 academic year?
- Did you complete and submit your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Interview to UMUC?
- Are all items in your "To Do" list in MyUMUC submitted and complete?
Note: If you were awarded a Pell Grant, the amount of the award will be adjusted based on your actual enrollment, and the grant will be disbursed a few weeks after your classes begin.
Access Financial Aid Tools in MyUMUC
Did you know you can do the following in MyUMUC?
- Check your award status
- Apply for a UMUC scholarship
- Accept/decline your awards
- Check for any required documents
- Pay your bill
- Review your account summary
- View your financial aid shopping sheet
Please visit MyUMUC for the most up-to-date information regarding your student account. Select Student Center, and your financial aid information will be located in the Finances section.