Online Classroom Technical Requirements
General technical requirements for using UMUC's online classroom include
- A computer running a compatible Web browser
- A connection to the Internet
- An e-mail account
- Speakers or headphones to hear audio from a computer
- Virus protection software (updated regularly)
Additional technical requirements are available for UMUC's learning environment
- LEO (Learning Experience Online)
Some academic programs have additional technical requirements. Students should consult the section on the degree program they are considering.
Note: Technical requirements are subject to change.
Students are responsible for their own Internet access and a high-speed connection is recommended.
All UMUC students are required to provide an active e-mail account where they can receive messages from the University. Students may use their UMUC e-mail address, or they may use a personal, work, or other e-mail address.